Re: [SLUG] re: A new idea?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 18:36:11 EST

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 01:08:32AM -0500, John wrote:

> If not, should we try to generate some traffic? I don't have
> anything specific in mind. I suppose we could do some search
> engine optimizing, but without paying, you won't see much
> near-term improvement. Place business cards in places that sell
> computers? I dunno. But the first question is: Are people
> finding the Helpers page?

One idea that came up long ago was to be able to put cards all over
places like Barnes & Noble. I think they didn't like the idea. But if
you wanted to do guerrilla marketing, you could get some SLUG business
cards and secretly put them in all the Linux books in a bookstore. Of
course, you didn't hear me say that, and I was never here. <grin>

<snip>

> QUESTION: Anybody had any leads that they know for a fact came
> from that web page?
>
> You don't have to disclose any particulars of whether you
> charged a fee, or what transpired, but I think it would be
> useful for Paul to know whether the page is drawing traffic.
> Paul, does this make sense? I hope we can get some feedback
> about this page. If a need exists, and if you want, I would be
> willing to work on traffic-building.

Fine with me. I'd love to know if it's produced anything. And anytime we
can get someone to promote SLUG in some way, I'm there.

Paul