Re: [SLUG] re: A new idea?

From: John (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 01:08:32 EST

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:42:59 -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:

-> If I ever get feedback about it, it will be slim. I'm sure
someone's
-> getting something out of it here and there, but they're
probably not
-> going to call me up and say, "Gee, Paul, I just made $10,000
off that
-> page! You're my hero!" But there was a lot of enthusiasm for
it to
-> start, and it wasn't too much of a problem to put up the page
and
-> maintain it.

Yes, the concept is great! But if there's one thing I've
learned about the web, it's that getting the traffic that you
want and hoped for is a...well, it's very hard! So I was
wondering if people who need help are finding this page. If so,
great.

If not, should we try to generate some traffic? I don't have
anything specific in mind. I suppose we could do some search
engine optimizing, but without paying, you won't see much
near-term improvement. Place business cards in places that sell
computers? I dunno. But the first question is: Are people
finding the Helpers page?

QUESTION: Anybody had any leads that they know for a fact came
from that web page?

You don't have to disclose any particulars of whether you
charged a fee, or what transpired, but I think it would be
useful for Paul to know whether the page is drawing traffic.
Paul, does this make sense? I hope we can get some feedback
about this page. If a need exists, and if you want, I would be
willing to work on traffic-building.

John