Re: [SLUG] Debian made easy

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 22:28:25 EST

---- "This is just my opinion and I could be wrong..." ---
  Yeh I guess maybe you could be because there are those of us who did not
start in 94, haven't done any post grad work in programming, etc. We use
Linux because we like it and not necessarily because we know "all" about it
and its nuances. So just try and have a little patience and understanding,
maybe you can come over to my place and tell me why it is so hard to build a
custom street rod(metal) and let me tell and show you its so easy!!. I've
been doing that since "73" : ) See we each have different levels of
expertise and some of us have found some thing in Linux difficult or at the
least very different from windows.
I made my original statement to the others, who like me , might find some
things more difficult, and to say that with the help of the forum, things
didn't seem difficult at all. Im sure there are those who will find
Libranet,even with the help of the forum, difficult. I have been using Linux
for awhile now but I haven't found it my goal in life to become an expert,
just a user, so there is a ton of stuff that I don't know and don't really
care to learn. I just want to use it for what I want to do and maybe play a
little along the way.
The original post was my opinion and observations and yes debian was a
difficult install for me originally ( bout 3-4 years ago) and Im sure that
others find it daunting. I was just offering a solution that worked for me.
Anyway there is nothing personal or anything like that involved and don't want
to start a war or a long string, I just wanted to explain that there are
users, and new to Linux people that will find any distro difficult, so rather
than pop in with this is so simple, or read the manual/faq, etc. help is
whats necessary for linux to succeed and expand the user base. Plain and
simple english and step by step help, hand holding if you will. The forum
offered that and I did learn a few things, but only because there was no
attitude and alot of help.
Thats just my opinion and I could be wrong.

                               A J