Re: [SLUG] Debian made easy

From: Logan (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 23:51:49 EST

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 23:39, yet another talking monkey vomits:

> other distros for the average user, and that it is cheaper.

It is easier to download Debian and its isos than it is purchase it. In
a nutshell, it is totally free, without cost. Infact, I would argue it
is harder to purchase Debian, than any other distro.

> You also seem to imply that it is better because SSH allows remote administration,
> although all distros can do that.

You are correct, I was on a Linux rant at that time. All distros can
enjoy remote administration through SSH.

>Same with the common desktop regardless
> of where you log in; any distro can do that using VNC and SSH.

Whoa Torquemada, VNC is a different creature.

Trying to understand the violent opposition,
The Logan

--
23:40:01 up 170 days, 16:11, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.10, 0.11
Q: Who cuts the grass on Walton's Mountain? A: Lawn Boy.