Re: [SLUG] Dead PC

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 06:09:41 EST

I have to side with Andrew on this. Not only do you need a couple of
different voltages, which are generated by the power supply, but you
also need them in a specific turn on sequence, so the fans could be
running on the power supply but you could be missing 1 or more voltages.
If you know how to use a voltmeter and have the manual for the mother
board you can check the voltages at the power plug to make sure it's the
power supply. Though I would say there's and 90% it's the power supply,
it could be something is shorted on the motherboard.
Mike M.