Re: [SLUG] Dead PC

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@fewt.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 00:10:50 EST

no no no, it's probably the power supply. In the 10 years that I have
been a service engineer, I've seen 1 bad CPU. Pull all of the cards,
leave only the CPU on the board. Disconnect all drives, including power.
Turn the power on, if it beeps add the video card. If it still comes up
add each device one by one until it fails. If the board doesn't beep
change the power supply FIRST. Also be sure that you have a speaker
connected to the system board.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Wyatt <awyatt@fewt.com>