Re: [SLUG] Dead PC

From: Justin (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 02:35:38 EST

Yes, go with Andrew!

I can't believe I forgot this, but I had a similar problem--the power
supply fan still sped up, but it didn't sound as strong as usual. It
was fixed when I replaced the PS.

At first I just figured PS wasn't the problem since your fans were
spinning. But PS is almost definitely the problem.

One last thing to check from my 10-second review on the web...
Last resort: Your computer may not receive a post if it has a Pent. II
or III socket, and the CPU isn't properly seated, or is defective.

--Justin