Re: [SLUG] Dead PC

From: Austin Theen (austin@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 09:27:38 EST

Check the seating on the RAM chips.

I just had a frightening situation where I installed two new CPU fans in
my motherboard, which when I turned it back on didn't POST. I spent
almost 5 hours unpluging cards, checking PS and other such junk. Even
reseating the RAM, which eventually was determined to be the problem.
One of my ECC DDR chips wasn't making full contact even though it was
fully inserted. The SPD chip was reporting ECC capabilities but the BIOS
couldn't address it.