Re: [SLUG] Debian made easy

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 08:29:55 EST

> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 23:39, some monkey passed these eructations:
>
>> OK, I will grant that I installed Debian without any trouble at all by
>> just accepting all the defaults to the many questions that were asked
>> that I had no idea what they were referring to. However, most people
>> would be scared by a bunch of technical questions with techy jargon...
>
> So what you are saying is, if you have a GUI install that doesn't allow
> you to see what is happening, (blinders) it is far superior to seeing
> everything that is happening and being installed on your computer?!!?

Well, even though I saw everything that was being done, I had no idea what
it all meant, so it did me no good... How many average PC users are going
to go out and research each one of those items?

However, for techies that understand and care what it all means, I would
think the Debian install is superior.