Re: [SLUG] Need Windows Password Cracker Help

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 12:16:43 EST

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 11:43, Andrew Wyatt wrote:
> > 2. Many of the people on this list have or know the tools I need to do
> > this.
> > 3. I only asked for help, because this is kind of an important
> > situation.
>
> If it's important than you will find the answers much faster by asking
> the questions in the right place. There may be 3 people in a Linux group
> that can answer your question, but 500 in a Windows group. I could tell
> you how to do it myself, but this isn't the place for Windows help
> (IMHO). Everyone tell me to shuddup if you think I'm wrong. haha

I concur with Andrew. There are appropriate places for certain
questions. Although my Orthopedic Doctor may be able to answer a
question about a rash on my hand, I would probably get the best
information from a Dermatologist.
I believe there are exceptions like "I can't get my Windows box to talk
to my Linux box" and other cross-platform questions. But, I wouldn't
even think of asking how to setup a chroot-ed anonymous sftp on a
Windows mailing list, nor would I expect Windows only questions on a
Linux mailing list.

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly.