Re: [SLUG] Demo CD Idea

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 18:36:26 EST

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:54:35AM -0500, John wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:16:56 -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> -> If someone's
> -> willing to burn a bunch of these
>
> I have a fast burner, and I've got quite a few round Neato
> labels, too. If "a bunch" means 25 or 50 for an initial batch,
> I could manage it. I have tray labels too, but I don't consider
> a tray label as important as the disk label. I would just as
> soon not bother...?

I'd that whatever you could do would be helpful. I just don't want to
promote this to newbies and then have 100 show up because of it; then I
can't deliver what I promised.

> Suggestions for cd label:
>
> 1. Main title should be "LINUX DEMO". We can put Knoppix 3.1 in
> the fine print.
>
> 2. a) ALSO put "To obtain more copies of this CD, go to
> www.suncoastlug.org/cd.html"
>
> b) And in keeping with our pointer in 2a, we add a web page to
> SLUG website which tells people they can get a CD by:
>
> - either downloading (and point to Knopper.de),
> or
> - attend a SLUG meeting.
>
> How about something like that?

Seems reasonable. I wonder if you can get Knoppix from CheapBytes or
other distro vendors? Also, Knoppix is just a suggestion. If there's
something better, I'd be interested. But it would have to run totally
from the CD and be very good at detecting hardware.

Paul