[SLUG] How to terminate a thread

From: John (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 11:14:04 EST

I may be a Linux newbie, but I think I can contribute here.
I've noticed that some people have trouble with the concept of
terminating a discussion thread.

Over and over, I see some people saying, "This thread should
die", and "This thread should be terminated".

The problem is, the statement seems to appear at the bottom of a
inflamatory message that they have just fed into the thread!
Um....no, sorry, if you want to terminate a thread, that's not
quite how to do it.

Admittedly, the concept is very difficult to grasp, but here it
is: To terminate a thread, just DON'T REPLY. At all.

For those who still don't quite get it, and would like a
demonstration, please reply to this message.

John