Re: [SLUG] U are mistaken. Is possible for you NOT to editorialize?

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 14:22:27 EST

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 01:27:09PM -0500, patrick grantham wrote:
> For the record: The company name in the sig (and this domain) is NOT the
> organization doing the email marketing. It's for my side "G-Job" work.

Ah. Cool. Sorry, my bad - I thought it was your office domain. I
apologize for the assumption.

> Anyone want to drag pornagraphy, abortion, and religious in your flaming of
> people. Anyone do work for a health care org? Why don't you all go bash
> HMOs. IS IT POSSIBLE to just simply answer a request for knowledge.

I'm missing something here. Look at it from my (in hindsight quite
wrong) perspective again. I honestly though your domain, cssi-fl.com was
the domain you were "spamming" from. Honstly, my bad. I wasn't trying to
chastize you personally - merely disagree with your employer's abuse of
bulk email.

> Are you people that bored?

Bored enough to post to this list, yes. Last weekend I unfortunately
baited a flamewar, and this weekend I've unintentionally offended
Patrick. I think it's time to get out and do something different this
weekend: no more replies from me. Period.

> I am just looking for a better wrench to do my "real" job. If you don't have
> something positive to contribute, please don't contribute anything.

I'm sorry, that was in my first reply. Fetchmail and procmail would be
my recommendation. I apologize if you feel I've attacked you personally
for something that is entirely your employer's lack of judgement. No,
really, please understand - I am sorry if I've said something that has
offended you. I had hoped the wording was non-confrontational.

> Please stop emailing offlist too.

It's the only way to get folks to stop replying to threads that should
die. If you get a personal reply from me politely asking you to stop
replying to a thread, take it with a grain of salt.

This is a new FLAME FREE thread - fetchmail/procmail would be my
suggestion to remedy your problem.

- Ian