Re: [SLUG] U are mistaken. Is possible for you NOT to editorialize?

From: cpace@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 18:41:44 EST

Ian said:
> Bored enough to post to this list, yes. Last weekend I unfortunately
> baited a flamewar, and this weekend I've unintentionally offended
> Patrick. I think it's time to get out and do something different this
> weekend: no more replies from me. Period.

Well, if you would like to hang out somewhere, I'm going to be at Amber Jacks
on the Courtney Campbell Causeway tonight. My last night at Road Runner was
Friday and I start my new position on Monday so everyone is throwing a going
away party (or its a celebration that I'm leaving, the jury is still out on
that one).

> This is a new FLAME FREE thread - fetchmail/procmail would be my
> suggestion to remedy your problem.
>
> - Ian

Having only been reading these threads for the past week now (been out of the
loop for awhile), I have to say that there must be things behind the scenes
that I don't know about because I saw no flame-bait in the reply that was
posted. If anything, I saw a skilled individual giving an answer that I myself
would have found helpful as well as some advise to keep me from making a
mistake I might not have considered.

Just for the record, I have, and probably will subscribe to both lists just for
the ability to absorb even more information and hopefully learn new things. I
don't see where there should be any tension or flames started but as I stated
before, I'm a greenhorn to these here parts and don't know the townsfolk all
that well :)

Pace