Re: [SLUG] A new idea?

From: James Miller (slug@intofocus.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 22:26:47 EST

  Walmart sells not just Lindows, but also sells Mandrake and Lycoris PC's,
all made by Microtel (who also made the Bluelight.com machines put out by
K-Mart)

  Also, the Lindow's machines were the same price as the no-OS systems, thus
offering a non-MS system that the generic public could afford to try/buy.
Lindows was installed for "free", with 3 free downloads from their download
service (which stinks!!!). We bought one of the Lindows systems, but yanked
the OS immediatly when we saw it talking to the internet continusuly; they
include a driver disk, with drivers for all the OS's, which made it simple
to load something else on it...

  Hope that helps, James