Re: [SLUG] A new idea?

From: John (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 23:25:44 EST

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:26:47 -0500, James Miller wrote:

-> Walmart sells not just Lindows, but also sells Mandrake and
Lycoris PC's,
-> all made by Microtel (who also made the Bluelight.com
machines put out by
-> K-Mart)
->
-> Also, the Lindow's machines were the same price as the
no-OS systems, thus
-> offering a non-MS system that the generic public could afford
to try/buy.
-> Lindows was installed for "free", with 3 free downloads from
their download
-> service (which stinks!!!). We bought one of the Lindows
systems, but yanked
-> the OS immediatly when we saw it talking to the internet
continusuly; they
-> include a driver disk, with drivers for all the OS's, which
made it simple
-> to load something else on it...

I've heard a number of people say they didn't like the Lindows.
Nevertheless, it surely is a major shift for somebody like
Walmart to be selling Linux boxes.

John