Re: [SLUG] Terminal Server client for debian

From: cpace@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 21:51:49 EST

OK...my bad...scratch my original request.

Here's the dealio...

I misunderstood what exactly they were trying to do. We user Terminal Server in
house and I thought they wanted to take Linux stations and connect them, I was
incorrect. Apparently they have these thin-client termials (like the Wyse ones)
that run RDP (I forgot to get the model #'s on the thin clients or I would have
more info). They want to setup a Linux Server (possibly using Knoppix because
it was very good at the hardware detection) that will serve out to the terminals
via RDP. I have Mandrake 9.0 PowerPak edition and from the literature it has
Terminal Services 1.5 which is supposed to allow RDP clients to access a host
session off the server (correct me please if I am misunderstanding this) and
they wanted to know if there is anything available out there for Debian.
Preferrably at no cost but if it does, something fairly priced. This might be
used in an environment where all that is needed is email, web browser and a 3270
session. Again, my appologies for the misunderstanding (and I hope I have it
right this time) and any advice anyone can offer. I'll find out the model of
the thin clients when I go in tomorrow morning.

Pace