Re: [SLUG] Putty

From: antone heyward (antone.heyward@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 06:43:13 EST

J Lands wrote:

>I am trying to implement Putty or another telnet service to be able
>to securely access my Linux server from other locations.
>
>I can successfully implement the telnet client services, but I have
>read a bit on Putty and it seems the more appropriate application.
>Has anyone used it and what kind of feedback can you give me on it?
>
>Security is always an issue that is why I am considering Putty.
>
>TYIA
>Jesse

Not sure what all you want to know but i have had no problems with it. I
mainly use it to get to my home pc from work on Windows. You would want
to use ssh for better security over telnet. Just enable the ssh service
on the linux box. Also a good idea maybe to use a dns service that
updates a fully qualified domain name to your pc's ip. That way you
won't have to remember your ip as it may change if it's not static.
If your going from linux to linux, gtelnet can use ssh connections and
works very well.