[SLUG] DVD in redhat 8

From: ethan zimmerman (ethan@ethanzimmerman.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 17:30:21 EST

I'm having trouble with DVD playback. I just learned that I need to enable
DMA manually (stupid redhat). I looked at my DVD drive and it's /dev/hdc I
sorta expected it to be /dev/dvd or something like that. What does that
mean? Is that why I can't use the "Open Disc" feature of Ogle? Does this
effect enabling DMA? Do these pant make me look fat?

-ethan

"It's at times like this when I'm stuck in a Vogon airlock with a man from
Betelgeuse and
about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened
to what my mother
told me when I was young?"
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know I didn't listen!!"