[SLUG] Modem Dropping Off Line

From: Frank Robers _ SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 08:33:18 EST

Hi All

I have a problem with my modem when connected to the Internet dropping off
line on this box.

If fact the problem appears to be getting worse with time.

The good news is I discovered why today.

The phone cable is being caught in a gap between the typing table and the main
table causing a disconnect from the computer. Good now I know what the
problem is. What I don't know is how to fix it yet.

Does anyone happen to know where one may acquire - locally only - a PCMCIA
full modem card (not a Win modem card) for a laptop that has the new
connector on it that allows a normal phone cable to be used. The current card
I am using has the old stile pig tail cable that plugs directly into the
card. I have tried Compusa (that is where this one came from), Best Buy, and
Circuit City already and I know Thompson's doesn't have them. Not certain
about Computer Corner but I dough it as they do mostly repairs or the place 1
block away where the old software store was.

Thanks
Frank