[SLUG] Knoppix distro URL

From: Matthew Walker (mwalker_web@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 10:21:39 EST

This was discussed at the Dunedin meeting, (rather
briefly), and I wanted to pass on the link. Any chance
we can get an update on the suncoastlug.org site under
the 'distributions' section?

Also, with the propensity of main memory to grow and
grow in capacity - does this concept make as much
sense to everyone else as it does to me? How much of
the CD's contents are stored into main memory? If very
little, then possibly the IO with a CD drive is *less*
efficient than that of a Hard Drive, rendering this
entire discussion irrelevant. Despite that there is
the obvious benefit of being able to quickly and
efficiently boot any PC with your customized linux OS
profile.

At this point, I'm kinda wishing that I had lied about
the act of wanting a knoppix cd soley for the purpose
of debugging and just gotten it.

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

-Matt