Re: [SLUG] weekly planet article(New Member)

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 05:21:06 EST

Ed Centanni wrote:

> I used gcc as a cross-compiler. I configured it to run as a Linux app
> yet produce windows (win32) object code. MinGW (compiled by the
> *special* gcc) was used to provide windows headers, import libraries and
> binutils, and wxWindows( also compiled by the *special* gcc) was used to
> provide a cross-platform GUI app development framework. This gave me a
> set of Linux based development tools that can produce windows
> applications in addition to the regular Linux tools for Linux apps. If
> anyone is interested in the details, email me off list.

Hi Ed. I am interested in this sort of thing, and would appreciate any
tips. Is there any documentation for this project? It is
comprehensive? Is it correct? My last company (Highlander Engineering)
used to perform automated C++ builds on Solaris and NT. For the
UNIX-side build script to control the build of the Win32 version of our
product, it copied the software into a directory that NT could see, and
then the script would RSH into the WinNT box to kick-off a 'make'. Ugly!

BTW: I am now working for your old company (AMS). I started Dec 2.

--ronan