Re: [SLUG] Other recommended local Linux training outfits?

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 17:45:11 EST

> Now here's an idea,,, why doesn't SLUG sponsor training and use the
> money to advertise Linux?
>
> We have plenty of experts on this list.

Then we have to reconsider opening this can of worms: what qualifications does someone have to have to be an expert, how do we verify those qualifications, and how do we do this without hurting anybody's feelings? Additionally, there's the issue of accreditation. When a prospective employer reads, "Completed Suncoast LUG Linux training" on a resume, is s/he going to care?

Levi