Re: [SLUG] Other recommended local Linux training outfits?

From: Diego Henao (webmaster@bloodhound.slyip.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:44:50 EST

Well, if you take any class to get a certification, you will see that
most of the time you go to class just to ask a couple of questions and
to take a superficial look by chapter ( it is called training). I think
there is not better way to learn that reading. This is quality that you
must have if you want to learn Linux. I recommend that every in this
list will help to design a training program that through the meetings
and some assignments will help people to learn faster and completely
based on other people experience. In other words, many people here is
really valuable. I assume we have system administrators, engineers, and
so on. They will help with those concepts that sometimes beginners have
when they start using Linux. Also, I assume that they are working and
they know what the requirements are in the actual market.

 Let's say that a meeting is a class. You are supposed to prepare your
class.If you go to those meetings prepared and just to see what you have
read in reality, you will learn more and probably go deeper than paying
for that.

I think you cannot find a better place to learn that a place full of
volunteers where everybody is willing to help. This community has
everything. There is just time to organize each part of it and maximize
the benefits we can get from it.

Thanks

Diego

I have never gone to any meeting.I apologize if you are already doing
this.