[SLUG] I am beginning to lose my hair

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 14:08:21 EST

I asked this in a post a while back and still have no answer.

I am unable to ssh or telnet to one of my servers. I can ssh out or
telnet out to another server but attempts to ssh in get connect refused.
I am just getting frustrated at this point and am sure I am overlooking
some very obvious issue. I do not have iptables running at all. Yes
the system is listening to ports 21 and 23 for telnet as indicated in
the /etc/services file and that is not working either. Oddly I cannot
find telnet in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory as I was expecting. I also
cannot find the service in the /etc/xinetd.d directory, where I expected
to find it disabled.

All suggestions accepted.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"