Re: [SLUG] I am beginning to lose my hair

From: Diego Henao (webmaster@bloodhound.slyip.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 16:10:37 EST

Nike,

First, 21 is a port that is assigned for ftp connections. I want you to
check your iptables, you need to be sure that you have those ports open
and accepting connections. Also, check the client that you are using for
ssh. I like putty. I understand everybody has different preferences. I
have RH 8.0 and if you didn't install the telnet the deamon you won't find
it anywhere. I am saying that because I didn't install it. I just thought
that why I should have both if ssh has shown that has some advantages over
telnet. If you don't see the port 22 open try to run the demon
/etc/init.d/sshd start. If you get a message saying that the command is
incorrect you have to install it.

I hope this will help. I am just answering according to what I understand
from the email below.

Regards

Diego