Re: [SLUG] shell script question

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 12:38:21 EST

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 11:59, Russell Hires wrote:
> Yes. The complete command is
> sudo /usr/sbin/bless -folder9 '/System Folder' -setOF

What happens when you run the command above as a superuser (w/o sudo)?
Does it work as expected?

> My sudoers file looks like this:
> # Cmnd alias specification
> Cmnd_Alias OS9 = /usr/sbin/bless -folder9 '/System Folder' -setOF
>
> # Defaults specification
>
> # User privilege specification
> root ALL=(ALL) ALL
> %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL
> student ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: OS9
>
> I think maybe I got the command part wrong. Should it just contain the
> command and not the options?

You can add options to commands in a sudoers file, but there may be
limitations. Maybe the single quotes (') are throwing it off?
I would try su'ing to the student account and running the sudo command
(as per the sudoers file). Do you receive an error?

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly.