Re: [SLUG] Moving forward on the Training Issue

From: Frank Robers _ SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 08:27:48 EST

One of the first items that I personally would appreciate being discussed is
Toms recovery disk.

There are two ways of thinking of Toms.

1. One is as a recovery distribution. It does have this capability true. but
this is not what I am implying.

2. The second way is to think of Toms as a very small basic Linux distribution
from which you can learn the essence of the Linux system from. All
unessential components of Linux have been eliminated allowing one to learn
exactly what is required to make a system function correctly on a simple
plain.

Thanks
Frank