[SLUG] Sendmail (Was CD burner)

From: Matt Moen (mattlists@younicks.org)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 16:43:21 EST

Thus spake Levi Bard on the 30 day of the 01 month in the year 2003:
> I have never understood why every newcomer to Linux feels like s/he must configure sendmail, especially if s/he has an existing email account. Additionally, sendmail is notorious for bugs, security holes, and general disease of use. I suspect that distributors only package it as a joke, knowing full well that it is not fit for use by anyone, except possibly deranged monkeys that have contracted some sort of rare tropical illness.

9 out of 10 masochists prefer sendmail to the other leading brand!

(For those unfamiliar, Postfix is the other leading brand, with Exim and
qmail trailing.)

*Ducks for ensuing MTA war*

--
Matthew Moen

"Why you don't like Sendmail? I reckon' yeur one 'o those wussies that wears helmets and those darn 'fangled saftey bealts."