[SLUG] Apache htaccess questions

From: td376 (td376@mail.anonymizer.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 11:59:38 EST

I have a web site that is under development that is password controlled
using the following .htaccess file. Works as expected.

/home/foobar/www/.htaccess
     AuthUserFilerce/home/foobar/.htpasswd
     AuthGroupFile /dev/null
     AuthName "Foobar"
     AuthType Basic
     require valid-user
     Options -Indexes
     IndexIgnore *
     <Files .htaccess>
         order allow,deny
         deny from all
     </Files>
     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .phtml .php .php4 .html .htm

I have a bulletin board which is located in ~/www/bbs/ which I want to
remove the password protection from while keeping the password
protection working on the rest of the site. This is not working right
now. I have been using the .htaccess documentation on the apache web
site with pretty good luck so far but I am have problems getting this to
work. How do I override the password protection for just this one
directory? The .htaccess file for the bbs currently looks as follows:

/home/foobar/www/bbs/.htaccess

--
Jan Mason
td376@mail.anonymizer.com