[SLUG] Red Hat Network not available

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 09:56:17 EST

Hello all you Red Hat users,

For about 3 days now, whenever I try to update my RH8 system via the
up2date command, I get the following message:

Error Message:
    Free service limited due to high load; please try again in 30-60
minutes (server 1001536385)
Error Class Code: 51
Error Class Info:
     Due to extremely high traffic, access to Red Hat Network is currently
     limited to subscription customers. Please try again later. If you
     would like to become a subscription customer, go to
     https://rhn.redhat.com/preview/priority_service.pxt for more
information.
Explanation:
     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
     persists please submit a bug report to rhn-help@redhat.com.
     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
     details on how to reproduce this problem.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? If this keeps up, I may have to
start paying for the premium RHN service, or possibly switch to another
distro... Thanks!

Doug