Re: [SLUG] Red Hat Network

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 23:10:20 EST

On 6 Feb 2003, Andrew Wyatt wrote:

> > I try to eat nothing not OSI compliant license with sources
> > available for unrestricted commercial reuse myself.
>
> So you don't use any GPL based software? :-P
>
> /me runs to the politics list!

ehhh? I don't understand the smiley or the comment. Perhaps
my double negative use obscured that I was saying from what
I was thinking ...

1. GPL is an OSI compliant license
2. GPL has sources available
3. GPL permits unrestricted commercial reuse

The little BSD based hardware firewall boxes are not used my
me, as #2 has not been available when I've looked, as is
proper under that license. But building one from say,
OpenBSD, as I have, is fine, for the sources are available.

-- Russ Herrold