Re: [SLUG] Linux Boot CD

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 18:58:19 EST

> Is there an already compiled Linux CD that has NTFS read/write permissions
> enabled by default? I need the capability to try and recover a very messed up
> Windows 2000 system. I tried changing Knoppix fstab permissions to allow
> read/write but I don't think NTFS read/write is built into the kernel of
> Knoppix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are not separate read and write modules for NTFS. If you can read the filesystem, then the kernel has the capacity to write it as well, if you're willing to accept the risk. Make sure you're doing all the things that allow you to write to the filesystem, including checking ownership and permissions and making sure that it's not mounted read-only.

Levi