Re: [SLUG] Any Linux "Exchange Like" sites between Tallahassee and Tampa?

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 03:55:19 EST

>IIRC, The people over at the City of Largo deployed Bynari for their
>groupware mail services. Perhaps someone over there may be willing to
>demo.

No, they didn't go with Bynari in the end. Last time I was there, they
were installing SuSE's email server and still hadn't decided which
groupware server/client to use. More info including names:
http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/12/04/2346215&mode=nested&tid=19

The Largo guys have told me several times that they're happy to do
tours/demos and provide advice for *fellow gov't and public service
people* working on Linux conversions. Their names are in the article
referenced above, and Largo's city hall # is in major phone directories.

I'll be going to Orlando - probably early next week - to look at and
write about a (private corp) call center there that has supposedly
switched all of their 200+ desktops to Linux. I have no idea what
they're using for email/groupware. I'll find out.

- Robin