Re: [SLUG] Presentations

From: Matthew Walker (mwalker_web@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 10:39:38 EST

I would think that a possible starting point is to
question whether or not a 'newbie' understands basic
system architecture. As you know this is somewhat of a
lost art, unless you are the product of a CS dept.

imo, the basic description of how main memory, hdd,
and other devices all talk together can act as a great
starting point for linux understanding. Other great
topics are the concepts of timesharing, stacks, and
cpu registers, CISC vs. RISC, etc. Possibly I under
estimate the capabilities of the typical 'newbie'
-being somewhat of one myself?

-Matt