[SLUG] Job search Procedure

From: Frank Robers _ SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 12:08:01 EST

Hi All

I know several of you are looking for jobs.

I found the following announcement by searching on Monster
http://jobsearch.monster.com
for "engineer field service distribution"
Translation of this search: electrical engineer which performs field service
type instillation of power (generation, transmission, substation, gas
turbines, steam turbines, or hydro turbines)

SYSTEMATIC Technical Services, Inc

US-PA-Philadelphia-SCADA - ABB Ranger and OSI Plant Information Systems
Support Engineer :.

SYSTEMATIC Technical Services, Inc is looking for talented SCADA- ABB's Ranger
and OSI's Plant Information(PI) Systems Support Engineers on various projects
that include on site development, implementation and maintenance of

client/server, n-tier architecture, transaction processing, web enabled
systems for utility: energy-electric and gas, hotel, food service and
distribution, telecommunication, insurance, and financial institutions.

Note:
I don't recall exactly the meaning of SCADA but I believe it means "system
control and distributive annunciation"
-------------
skip
-------------

Technical Skills
BS in Engineering or related technical field,
OR appropriate technical skills and related experience
Knowledge of utility industry and power plant systems is key
Familiarity with telemetry and SCADA systems
(real-time operations data gathering and analysis)
Experience, familiarity with the implementation and operation of the following
applications is highly preferred: ABB Ranger (Bailey) and OSI PI
Any Unix Administration, C and Fortran programming a plus
-------------------
Contact

 Bose Kamineni
 support@systechservices.com
 SYSTEMATIC Technical Services, Inc

Please note the unix AKA Linux skills desired.

Advice from an ex-head hunter.

Don't just look in the computer fields for jobs. You may have better luck
looking in some other fields. A good example is this position obtained by
using the above search parameters. By the way there are lots of other related
search parameters - not just the ones noted above and there are a lot of
related pieces of equipment besides SCADA.

Frank