Re: [SLUG] Samba madness

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 11:36:09 EST

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Michael Fisher wrote:

> I checked my Win2K box and if you go to Network properties it should
> list client for MS Networks, File and Print Sharing and Internet
> protocol (TCP/IP)...below should be an install button which will allow
> you to select protocol and then it will list NetBEUI Protocol....just
> select it and click OK and you might be prompted for your Win2K CD.

I might as well just give up. [sighs]

I got the NetBEUI protocol installed and have tried several options for
WINS/lmhosts/etc. but no permutation seems to be able to get "ping
\\hostname" to work. [shrugs]

I'm thinking it *might* be something on the Linux side with configuring
nmbd, but, for the life of me, can't figure out what.

I can just wait until I get back to work on Tuesday and look over their
setup again and attempt to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I swear this
crap shouldn't be this hard.

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com