[SLUG] Free Networking Hardware

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan.heffernan@shawus.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 13:58:01 EST

Attention all SLUGs:

Contact me off-list if you would like some of the following free
hardware. Everything is 10Mbit.

35 ISA NICs (mostly Kingston, all have RJ45, some are combo cards)
  4 PCI NICs (all RJ45)
  8 Hubs (8-port, some also have 1 BNC connector)
  1 Modem (33.6Kbps, external (Sportster?))

DISCLAIMER:
  * All of these units worked 4 months ago, but they were transported
(swimming in a puddle of styrofoam peanuts) across four states. YMMV.
  * Most of the ISA NICs have Novell boot PROMs which you will need to
yank (unless you like DOS and have a Novell boot server!).
  * I don't think that there are enough power supplies for all of the
hubs. But the hubs seem to take a standard wall-wart, so it shouldn't
be too hard to get a power supply.

--ronan
ronan.heffernan@shawus.com