RE: [SLUG] ssh tribulations

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 11:02:31 EST

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 10:37, Rock wrote:
> Actually, no. I mean ssh -vvv . Try it and you get the communication
> and the responses from the attempted connection. I need that output to
> sent to the list so I can get some help.. It keeps telling me that it
> cannot fine the id_rsa file in my /home/rock/.ssh directory. And it is
> there!!

Oh, I mistook "<server>" as you wanting to debug the server end. Once
again a result of me only skimming messages instead of fully reading
them. :(

> I will try the sshd -d to see what I get,,, maybe that will help,, it
> can't hurt ;o),, since I am already in pain,,

You could combine the output of both to get the most complete picture.

Start sshd on the server you wish to connect to:
hosta: # sshd -ddd &> foo.server
Then run ssh from the other host:
hostb: # ssh -vvv &> foo.client

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -- Jefferson