[SLUG] Can't select between different printers in application

From: John Clay (john.clay@lfr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 11:18:23 EST

Sorry for the re-packaging of this question but I'm stumped.

The two printers on our LAN were configured via the redhat 7.2 print
tool. Both will print. Problem is that my print output will go the the
default printer as established with the redhat print tool, not the
printer that is selected in OpenOffice.org.

I've tried:

* BSD and LPrng spoolers - no help
* Logging on as root to see if root privileges would help - didn't
* Examined user environment variables to see if anything looked
promising - nothing jumped out at me but.......
* I'm not using lp as any queue name

Could it be that the OO.o print process lacks permission to modify the
RH print tool settings? If so then I don't quite know how to change it.

Other ideas?

Thanks Much

--
John Clay