RE: [SLUG] Openssh, still-- is everyone still asleep here?

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 11:13:32 EST

I am totally ignorant about rebuilding an rpm. I know how to install
and remove and upgrade. How and what will a rebuild do for me.

I am trying to upgrade openssh to a later version and I keep getting
message that libcrypto.so.2 is needed. That is available in the
openssl-0.9.6b-8 rpm. Only when I try to install that it complains that
there are conflicts with the installed openssl package. So,,, I copied
the lib file libcrypto.so.0.9.6b to my other Linux box and linked it to
libcrypto.so.2. When I rpm my openssh files it still says it needs
libcrypto.so.2. it fails to see the file when I try the rpm again. I
have done the /sbin/ldconfig. All my permissions and ownerships are the
same as with libcrypt.so.1.

I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. No pun intended.

This is on a RH 7.1 box. And no I cannot upgrade the version because of
some software that only runs on 7.1 at this time.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"