Re: [SLUG] RE: Verison DSL

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 13:04:34 EST

That's a marketing distinction. There's no practical difference in
degradation between the two unless many people in the same "neighborhood"
are maxing out their bandwidth.

Even so, it's silly to earmark traffic that way. As previously mentioned
on this thread, streaming media or other "acceptable" traffic is often
much harder on the network than sporadic mail and web pages.

The part I find humorous is that Time Warner wanted to charge me double
for an "Enterprise" package, which would be on the same network and would
have half the available bandwidth.

Levi