Re: [SLUG] Restrict Sendmail to 1 IP

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 13:09:50 EST

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 12:20, Glenn Meyer wrote:
> I have a server with two IPs on seperate NICs - one internal network -
> and one internet exposed. How do I config sendmail to listen only on
> the internal IP but still be able to send out through the external IP?

Adding the following to your sendmail.mc will do the trick:

    DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=<int_net_address>, Name=MTA')

where <int_net_address> = the address of your internal private side NIC

Then:
    # m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

Restart sendmail. Look for tcp port 25 bound only to your internal IP.

    # netstat -nl | grep 25
    tcp 0 <int_net_address>:25 LISTEN

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -- Jefferson