RE: [SLUG] Recording a ".wav" file from mic input - I'm no help

From: pwgrant (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 14:30:15 EST

I have yet to resolve the same issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: slug@lists.nks.net [mailto:slug@lists.nks.net]On Behalf Of Russ
Wright
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 2:09 PM
To: slug@nks.net
Subject: [SLUG] Recording a ".wav" file from mic input

Hi All

I have a couple of audio cassettes I'd like to record as wav files and then
convert to mp3. I can handle pretty much all of it except I cannot get the
audio recorder to record under linux.

I have a cassette player with a cable coming from the headphones to the mic
in jack on the computer. I can hear the playback through the computer
speakers and it is good and clear.

I'm using RH8.0 KDE desktop and I'm attempting to use the default recorder
GNOME Recorder 2.0. I opened up the mixer and confirmed that mic input is
the proper source. (I confirmed that is the correct channel as I can change
the volume level by moving the mic slider.) I have the record mic input
option set too. I can play back wav files as I loaded the tada.wav and it
played back on this tool just fine.

However, after recording for a few seconds I attempt playback and I get
nothing nada bupkus zip zilch.

Any ideas?
Russ W