Re: [SLUG] SCO Suing IBM

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 08:46:33 EST

Two thoughts.. IBM and Linux and IBM and AIX. I'm
pretty sure IBM Linux servers do not use any at&t
code, but I think AIX does. In that case, I do not
think it will hurt the Linux community in the long run
.. ie. sco/caldera looses lawsuit based on linux code
due to the fact that linux does not use sco code and
caldera is under GNU/open source license; and, if this
turns out to be a GNU/open source license trial then I
think we will be the stronger for it.. BUT, if this is
about AIX and SCO then it could hurt IBM, and be good
for Linux community.. ie. Maybe IBM goes LInux all the
way and drops AIX.

Anyway, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right.
I'm not a lawyer, but I think I have the logic right.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob