RE: [SLUG] RE: Verison DSL

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 12:54:51 EST

I have the TW-AOL $69.95 small business package and
find I have no problem whatsoever. I was on the original
TW RR system, as the loading increased locally, I did
notice a reduction in response, when they came out and
installed the new modem with the new service, the response
in much better than even when I got the original service
4 years ago, at that time the only one on my segment was
me B-]

I have a fixed IP and can run servers as long as I do not
abuse. I am not sure what abuse is but I plan to set up
some here as soon as things cool down work wise so I have
some time left. I need to set up a web server for my wife's
business and some other things.

I have been hurrassing Verizon now for 5 years to get DSL
in my little area ( I get this DSL propagand all the time
saying that it is available in my area but when I call,
I am always told I am too far away ( by 3-5K feet depending
on the time of year B:D )and to call back in 6 months.

Now that I have the small business cable connection for the
same price as what I was interested in from DSL I no longer
have any interest in DSL. Besides I remember when GTE (remember
them) sold me a dialup and a additional telco line so I could
have 24X7 access, a few years later I got a letter saying that
they were discontinuing that service and I would only get
150 hours/month, anything above would be charged I think it
was at $1/hour. Well needless to say as soon as TW got RR in
my area I bailed, and have not really looked back. GTE's ham
fistedness really turned me off and their continued disregard
for the community I live in (Palm River) in terms of DSL
has not helped things any, don't show a hungry man food and
then tell him he can't have it. I am sure if we had a nice
neighborhood of yuppy houses in my area they would have DSL
in there in a flash, but we are a ethnicly mixed older area
and I guess they do not think worth much, though before I
went to business class my old RR modem really was showing
a lot of activity on my segment. The way the new one works
you do not see any activity, just I guess some poling data.

Anyhow my few drops worth.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com