Re: [SLUG] SCO Suing IBM

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 22:43:04 EST

We have modified the Owl River sysadmin pages:
    http://www.owlriver.com/sysadmin/?#eol
with the following section:

EOL of Caldera and SCO new installation support

We have marked the following two sections in gray on March 7.
2003 to reflect our 'end of life' of support of new Caldera or
SCO installations. We will 'hold our nose', and continue to
meet our commitments for service and support of our existing
client base presently using the Caldera and SCO products. We
will also take affirmative steps to complete transition
efforts away from any further use of their lines.

We will not participate in nor make and new installations of
either. The Utah state law contract claims represented in the
"SCO Group" complaint (local copy) against IBM demonstrate a
"litigate, rather than innovate" approach which we are
unwilling to aid or abet with any further developmental,
marketing or technical support.

Newly added section ends ...

-- Russ Herrold

--