Re: [SLUG] two more Debian questions.

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 22:16:50 EST

I also have been running "unstable" for a long time now without problem.
 I would say it's the way to go for a non critical personal / hobby use
machine that has a fast net connection (those update/upgrades are
usually many tens of MB). In the rare instance (in my experience) where
anything does go bad, chances are it will be fixed very quickly, or it
provides a chance to dig into your system and learn a bit about how
things work together. Another thing to remember is that you don't have
to upgrade every day. If you like the way your system is working, you
could keep it in that state as long as you wish - for as long as your
machine will run if you wish. I usually upgrade every month or so just
for the sake of it.

scott