Re: [SLUG] Wine/IE6

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 16:45:57 EST

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 10:40, Kenneth W Hansen wrote:
> Thanks, Kwan
> When I access the page with Konqueror, Mozilla, etc.
> the login boxes that normally center in the screen
> with IE6 end up squashed together in the top left
> corner.

Yup, that's the absolute positioning causing that.

 By default, the cursor is in the USERNAME box.
> I tried just typing in my username, than tabbing to
> the password box, but it doesn't accept it. The page
> just sits there and doesn't do anything.

Yes -- it's ignoring the vbscript login code. This can be rewritten with
compliant code but does require server side changes. That is, there's
nothing on the page that *requires* VB, and in fact doesn't make it any
easier to code.

I did some looking at wine. IE seems to run under it, but VB itself may
be another issue. The Codeweavers product may be the best bet and would
probably still work out cheaper than a Windows license per PC. Dunno.

> This issue, and the fact that the daily logs are in
> Access, are the only 2 issues I have with using Linux
> at work. Our company isn't going to have the other
> company change the coding of the program just so we
> can try out Linux. If there's a workaround, I may be
> able to make some progress with them, and at least get
> them to let me use Linux on my machine. I don't see
> the Access logs as being a problem - I don't see why I
> can't set up a different report they will be happy
> with.

Ain't lockin great?