Re: [SLUG] home network

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 18:42:50 EST

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:02:14PM -0500, A2L1 wrote:

> Sorry,
> I know this is not a Linux topic and will just drop it if necessary. But,
> while looking at both hpna and wireless I have noticed both never
> mention-include Linux as a system for use with install. Both systems mention
> only software for windows, but I know my linksys works fine with my Linux
> boxes on the back-end so I am assuming that either will work on a
> windows/Linux system.

Here's an idea. Are your drops from the same cable company? If so, then
the actual drops all come to one place on the outside of your house. As
splitter could be used to have two cables from one drop. (Any cable
people out there? I assume this would work?) Even if it's two cable
companies dropping to different sides of the house, you still might be
able to run from the remaining drop, under the eaves to the other point
of entrance. Of course, all this assumes a splitter would work on a
cable modem line.

Paul